- For defenders
- How can I help?
The Front Line Defenders Award
THE NOMINATION PROCESS FOR THE ELEVENTH FRONT LINE DEFENDERS AWARD FOR HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS AT RISK (2015) IS NOW OPEN...
Front Line Defenders is currently accepting nominations for the Eleventh Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk (2015).
The annual Front Line Defenders Award was established in 2005 to honour the work of a human rights defender who, through non-violent work, is courageously making an outstanding contribution to the promotion and protection of the human rights of others, often at great personal risk to themselves.
The Award seeks to focus international attention on the human rights defender's work, thus contributing to the recipient’s personal security, and a cash prize of €15,000 is awarded to the Award recipient and his/her organisation in an effort to support the continuation of this important work.
If you would like to nominate a human rights defender for the Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2015, please click on the following link to access a secure online nomination form:
- * Nominations can be submitted by organisations or individuals.
* Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
* Individual nominees may not play a prominent role in a political party and must be currently active in human rights work (the Front Line Defenders Award is not intended to recognise a historical or posthumous contribution).
* Nominees should be active human rights defenders, and must not be living in exile.
* Self-nomination is not permitted.
* All nominations must be accompanied by 2 referees.
* The nomination process will remain open until midnight (12am GMT) on Friday, 30th January 2015.
Prior Awardees of the Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk: