Updated: 30 June 2016
Concerning the Handling of Personal Information: Front Line Defenders acknowledges the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information, and will adhere to all applicable privacy laws.
Collection: We collect data about you when you:
- submit an inquiry or registration form;
- make a donation or sign an online petition;
- participate in some of the online campaigns we organise from time to time;
- subscribe to one of our online services, such as the newsletter or urgent appeals lists;
- use this website;
- communicate with us (via e-mail, phone, postal mail, etc.);
- otherwise provide your details to us either online or offline.
Information Collected: The elements of your information that we collect may include:
- first and last name;
- phone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- if you make a donation, payment details such as credit card information (as with other data, credit card information is held in a secure environment and is retained only for as long as is required to process your gift(s));
- website usage data and other related technical information, indicating, for example, your browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, IP address, or the site you clicked from, for the purposes of measuring the analytic performance of the website(s);
- other information you provide to us.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, please do not provide us with any such information or ask your parents for permission.
|Type of Cookie||Name of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Strictly Necessary Cookie||Drupal: SESS[random string]||Identifies the user's session|
To find out more about cookies or how to delete cookies in your browser, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
Purpose of Use and Disclosure of Information: We will collect personal information from you only in a fair, reasonable and lawful manner. We will use such personal information only for the following purposes (unless we have obtained your consent or applicable law requires or permits us to process your information otherwise):
- providing you with personalized service;
- operating this website and understanding its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- forwarding petitions you have signed to advocacy targets;
- providing you with information about services we offer such as newsletters, urgent appeals, reports, publications, etc. and informing you of other relevant Front Line Defenders activities. We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you.
Privacy Preferences: You may view, correct, or request the deletion of any of your information we have collected from you and stored by us by sending your request by letter to "Administrative Assistant" at the address below. You may choose not to receive newsletters, invitations and other similar correspondence from us. You may do this whenever you provide us with personal information by checking the appropriate box on the online or other form. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any of our mailing lists by visiting our Mailing List Services Page and subscribing or unsubscribing to each such list, as applicable; a link to automatically unsubscribe will also be included in every e-mail mailing. You may also send a request by email to email@example.com or by letter to:
Front Line Defenders
2nd Floor Grattan House
Blackrock, Co. Dublin