Front Line Defenders invites applications for an Admin Internship based in Front Line Defenders' office in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
The internship is designed to provide practical work experience in an international organisation to young professionals seeking a career in human rights. The intern will learn about the successful running of a busy office in an international human rights organisation; Human Rights Defenders; the UN Declaration on Human Rights Defenders; the mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur on HRDs; the role of Front Line Defenders and other national and international organisations in the support and protection of human rights defenders. He/She will be expected to participate in induction, weekly team meetings and relevant out-of-hours events.
The successful candidate will be a hard worker, efficient and highly organised. He/she will have excellent clerical and computer skills as well as practical experience in an administrative role. He/she will have excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a practical approach. He/she will be flexible, cooperative and committed to the successful running of the Front Line Defenders office. He/she will be able to work on their own initiative and as a member of a team. He/she will be able to demonstrate their commitment to human rights and their understanding of international issues. He/she must be able to work in English and a second language will be an advantage (French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian).
Basic Terms of reference:
- manage reception: answer phone, take messages and deal with routine queries and correspondence;
- responsible for office stationery and supplies;
- undertake clerical tasks such as emailing and filing;
- set up of weekly team meetings and record minutes;
- arrange flights, visas, accommodation and other logistics for visiting human rights defenders and other guests;
- assist with production of publications and organise mailouts;
- produce HRD ID cards;
- oversee upkeep of Front Line Defenders guest apartment;
- liaise with volunteers on specific projects;
- assist with organisation of events;
- work on specific projects relating to Human Rights Defenders as requested.
Honorarium: €1200 per month
Applications for this position are now closed.
Please put the name of the position 'Admin Internship' in the subject bar of your email, otherwise applications may be missed.
Front Line Defenders is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
In providing protection and support to human rights defenders, Front Line Defenders and its staff are committed to:
- focus on the primacy and centrality of defenders;
- demonstrate profound respect and empathy for defenders;
- meet the needs expressed by the defenders in a fast, flexible and relentless manner;
- achieve tangible impact;
- act with independence, impartiality and integrity;
- perform with dedication, professionalism and accountability;
- show transparency and openness;
- develop participative and cooperative relations.