IT and Digital Security Department
Front Line Defenders (FLD) has been steadily growing its programmes and support to human rights defenders at risk globally over the last years. As the organisations grows, so too do our IT needs. It is critical that we build and maintain secure, efficient and agile information and communication technology (ICT/IT) systems, in order to meet our mission to protect and support human rights defenders who are at risk as a result of their work.
We are seeking IT Assistant who will provide essential support to all FLD staff in implementation, administration, maintenance and support of efficient and secure digital communication, information storage and processing through information and communication (ICT) systems in the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of IT Assistant role:
- IT Support: Identify the nature of problems, determine appropriate actions, prioritise and escalate if necessary. Support staff, fellows and volunteers with troubleshooting and fixing their technical issues.
- Training: Provide required IT and digital security training to staff, fellows and volunteers. Assist with IT related induction of new staff on Front Line Defenders processes and procedures. Delivering training and creating reference resources and guides.
- Reporting: Generating reports and summary of activities as required.
Assisting the IT Administrator with the following:
- Network Administration: Ensure the office connection to internet and back-end network infrastructure operates reliably. Management of core switches, and firewalls.
- Systems Administration: Assists in the growth of the infrastructure of servers and services to be used by staff, ensuring they run reliably and efficiently. Set up staff with appropriate devices i.e. laptop, desktop, mobiles, etc. Upgrade, install, and configure new hardware and software to meet organisations objectives. Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize IT systems. Create user accounts and performing access control. Document processes, as well as back up and archive data. Develop data retrieval and recovery procedures.
- Systems and Network Security: Maintain and monitor reliable level of security on Servers, Network devices, workstations and other peripherals used within FLD.
- IT and Security Policy: Implement of the organisational IT Security policy. Ensure that security monitoring, auditing and alerting tools and network traffic analysis is carried out.
Candidates are required to demonstrate in the application:
Recognised ICT degree or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least three years experience in a similar role
- Strong troubleshooting skills with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving
- Best practices with IT systems, networks, and related technologies
- Familiarity with IT systems security of both hardware and software, servers, network devices, workstations, phones and other peripherals would be an advantage
- Installation, configuration and support of PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones and related hardware and software
- Administering major operating systems like: Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS and GNU Linux (most importantly Ubuntu)
- Data backup and retrieval processes
- Mobile Device Management
- Anti-virus and threat management
- Produce and update relevant documentation and procedures
- Some experience with networking – both hardware devices and software – Firewalls, Routers, Switches, WiFi, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Can communicate technical solutions effectively to non-technical audiences
- Highly organised and proactive in solving problems
- Highly self-motivated professional with keen attention to detail
- Positive and confident attitude
- Ability to exercise strong time management skills
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team. Good team player, willing to assist and share knowledge
- Delivery and service focused
- Provides a flexible service that is responsive to the needs of the organisation and individuals
- Demonstrates an ability to manage and develop self and others in a busy working environment
- Approachable and available for advice and support
Contract will be full-time employment and based in Blackrock, Dublin. The salary range is between €30,000 and €35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
The contract will ideally start in July 2021 for two years or more. Applications with CV and motivation letter indicating above required information should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/June/2021 with the subject “IT Assistant”
Front Line Defenders is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.