Front Line Defenders invites tender submissions from interested Website Design and Development Suppliers to lead on a substantial redesign of its existing website, frontlinedefenders.org. The project is envisaged to take several months, with a completion date in early 2024.
Front Line Defenders is an international human rights organisation founded in Dublin in 2001, with the specific aim of protecting human rights defenders at risk (HRDs). Front Line Defenders works to improve the security and protection of HRDs and organisations around the world at risk for their peaceful and legitimate human rights work. As identified by HRDs themselves, Front Line Defenders responds to protection and security needs by providing support through grants, capacity building, visibility, networking, and advocacy, at the international, regional and local levels. Front Line Defenders has been awarded the 2018 United Nations Human Rights Prize. The organisation maintains its headquarters in Dublin, an EU Office in Brussels, and regionally-based field staff in the Americas, Asia, Africa, Europe & Central Asia, and the Middle East.
Front Line Defenders’ website, www.frontlinedefenders.org, is a multilingual resource for human rights defenders that includes, among other things: profile pages and daily case updates on HRDs at risk; a variety of tools relating to physical and digital security and well-being; annual reporting on the organisation’s work (Dispatches) as well as current trends and statistics on protection of human rights defenders globally (Global Analysis); and secure areas that allows HRDs at risk to submit urgent grant applications and emergency requests in multiple languages.
The firm undertaking this redesign in partnership with Front Line Defenders must have:
- Experience in the design and maintenance of multi-faceted, multilingual websites
- Expertise in Drupal content management system
- Demonstrable experience with designing and/or deploying interactive website features
- Familiarity with and a commitment to the ethos of non-governmental organisations working on human rights or humanitarian issues
- Familiarity with and a commitment to implementing the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
Summary of project requirements:
- Audit of current website functionality needs and design (based on internal and external assessments)
- Proposals on re-design in line with the branding and identified functional needs of the organisation
- Beta testing and roll-out
- Troubleshooting any bugs post roll-out
- November 2023: Tender process initiated
- December 2023: Client selected and audit carried out of existing website functionality and design
- January-February 2024: Proposals on redesign in line with organisational requirements
- March-April 2024: Selection, testing and roll-out of new design
Interested parties should respond by sending a submission to: Conor Fortune, Head of Communications and Events: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the below elements in a single PDF file:
- a cover letter detailing suitability for this redesign process
- links/screenshots demonstrating relevant experience
- initial draft design proposals
- proposed budget
Please use “FLD Website Design" as the subject line of the email.
Front Line Defenders will consider tender submissions on a rolling basis.