Front Line Defenders is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual demonstrating extensive events, communications and marketing experience to lead on all Front Line Defenders events and promotions as a maternity cover.
If you have demonstrable event management experience, excellent project management skills, a keen eye for detail and would enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative, multi-cultural work environment, then this is the job for you.
Key tasks (part-time @ 4 days / 28 hours per week);
- organise the 2020 Front Line Defenders Award including coordinating the nomination process, liaising with colleagues and jury members, planning and managing award ceremony logistics and developing the programme for the regional award winners and advocacy tour for a global laureate;
- organise HRD speakers tours and other promotional events;
- plan for the 2020 Dublin Human Rights Festival
- make timely preparations for the 2021 Dublin Platform;
- conduct public outreach and engagement with Irish public and specific groups;
- maintain positive working relationships with vendors and venues;
- updating and maintaining Front Line Defenders database and working documents;
- offer coordination and support to the organisation as required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- extensive event management experience (essential);
- a highly developed set of organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritise a significant workload;
- a proven track record of success developing and executing marketing strategies for event promotion;
- a proven ability to manage and process large amounts of information;
- experience working with graphic designers;
- an aptitude for problem solving and demonstrable experience of working in a high-pressure environment;
- ability to anticipate and plan for possible different scenarios;
- ability and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve agreed upon organisational goals;
- developed leadership skills;
- experience preparing and managing event budgets with strict adherence;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- excellent attention to detail;
- ability to work to strict deadlines;
- strong computer literacy (database, mailouts, spreadsheets etc); and
- a flexible, professional, can-do attitude.
The International Events & Promotions Coordinator will report to the Programme Manager. The role will be based at the organisation’s headquarters in Blackrock, Dublin. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at time of application.
The salary will be equivalent to Clerical Officer Higher on the civil service scale (EUR 30,089 pro rata)
This is a fixed-term contract for the period 2 January 2020 to 28 August 2020.
Applications comprising a cover letter (1 page) and CV (2 page max.) should be sent to Tara Madden at email@example.com by Friday, 29 November 2019. Please put the name of the role you are applying for in the subject title of the email.
In providing protection and support to human rights defenders, Front Line Defenders and its staff, fellows, interns and volunteers are committed to:
Inclusivity: We focus on the primacy and centrality of HRDs, we seek to be inclusive at all times, demonstrating profound respect and empathy for HRDs in all their diversity.
Agility: We strive to meet the needs expressed by human rights defenders in a fast, flexible and relevant manner.
Solidarity: We believe in the importance of solidarity. We commit to being present in a meaningful way when HRDs are most at risk; steadfast and relentless in our actions.
Integrity: We perform with dedication, professionalism and accountability, acting with independence and integrity at all times.