Front Line Defenders, The International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders invites applications for a 6-month maternity cover as Grants Coordinator. The post is part-time (24 hours per week) and is part of a three-person team based in Front Line Defenders' office in Blackrock, Co. Dublin. The Grants Programme provides practical assistance to human rights defenders at risk worldwide.
The Grants Coordinator (Maternity Cover – part time) will be responsible together with their fellow Grants Coordinators, for administering Front Line Defenders’ small grants programme including liaison with human rights defenders and the organisation of emergency grants.
The successful candidate will have a relevant undergraduate degree, excellent administrative and computer skills as well as practical experience in an administrative role. The candidate must be able to work in English and Spanish. Experience of working with human rights defenders in the Americas will be an advantage. Please note that no exception can be made to the language requirements.
The candidate will be able to work on their own initiative and as a member of a team. The candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be flexible and co-operative.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate their commitment to human rights and their understanding of international issues.
The candidate must have the relevant permit or permission to work in Ireland.
Key Tasks as Grants Coordinator:
- To administer Front Line Defenders' systems and procedures for providing grants to human rights defenders at risk in the Americas, including the database.
- To liaise with applicant organisations on the preparation of grant applications to ensure they are as viable, cost effective and reflect best practice as much as possible.
- To prepare an analysis of each application received for the Director, including checking for duplicate applications where appropriate, in order to inform decision-making by the Board of Trustees.
- To organize the payment of grants, including emergency grants, and maintain meticulous financial and other records.
- To maintain contact with organisations which have received grants and ensure that Front Line Defenders receives adequate reporting on how grants have been utilised.
- To undertake and/or support evaluations of Front Line Defenders’ grant making activities. To produce whatever reports and analysis are deemed necessary with regard to Front Line’s grant making programme.
This Maternity Cover will be starting on 9th October 2017 and will continue for 6 months. Applications comprising a cover letter and CV should be sent to Caitriona Rice, Head of Protection Grants and Evaluation, Front Line Defenders by 1 September 2017. Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to: Front Line Defenders, Grattan House, Temple Road, Blackrock Co. Dublin Ireland. Please ensure to put "Grants Coordinator - Maternity Cover" in the subject of the email.