NOMINATION PROCESS FOR THE 2017 FRONT LINE DEFENDERS AWARD FOR HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS AT RISK IS NOW OPEN
Front Line Defenders is currently accepting nominations for the 2017 Annual Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk.
The annual Front Line Defenders Award was established in 2005 to honour the work of a human rights defender who, through non-violent work, is courageously making an outstanding contribution to the promotion and protection of the human rights of others, often at great personal risk.
The Award seeks to focus international attention on the human rights defender's work, thus contributing to the recipient’s personal security, and a cash prize of €15,000 is awarded to the Award recipient and her/his organisation in an effort to support the continuation of this important work.
If you would like to nominate a human rights defender for the 2017 Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk, please click on the link below to access a secure online nomination form:
The nomination process will remain open until midnight (12am GMT) on Friday, 3rd February 2017.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered. Please complete the nomination form in full and provide all of the information requested.
- Nominations can be submitted by organisations or individuals.
- Nominations can be made in English, Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic and Farsi. We will also accept Chinese and Portuguese submissions via the English and Spanish nomination forms respectively.
- Individual nominees may not play a prominent role in a political party and must be currently active in human rights work (the Front Line Defenders Award is not intended to recognise a historical or posthumous contribution).
- Nominees should be active human rights defenders, and must not be living in exile.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- All nominations must be accompanied by 2 referees.