- Página principal
- Quiénes somos
- Sobre Front Line Defenders
- ¿Quiénes son los/as defensores/as de los derechos humanos?
- Visión, Misión y Valores fundamentales
- Consejo de Dirección
- Consejo de Administración
- Informes anuales e información financiera
- Plan estratégico 2011 – 2014
- Novedades en Front Line Defenders
- Para los/las defensores/as
- ¿Cómo puedo ayudar?
Uzbekistan: Leading human rights defender charged
Human rights defender, Umida Niyazova arrested on 21 January 2007 has been charged by the Uzbek Transport Prosecutor’s Office with committing crimes under three articles of the Uzbek Criminal Code, Front Line has learned.
The investigation into her case and sent to court and charges she faces include: “Illegally entering or illegally leaving the Republic of Uzbekistan”, “preparing and distributing material which poses a threat to the public security and the public order” and “smuggling”.
Initially, Niyazova was charged under two articles of the Criminal Code – article 223 and Article 246, but during the investigation she was also charged under the third article – Article 244.
Umida Niyazova’s brother Rustam Niyazov has also confirmed that the investigation into Niyazova’s case was completed and said that her family learnt about the charges on 06 April 2007.