- For defenders
- How can I help?
Vision, Mission and Core Values
Human Rights Defenders at the local and national level are recognised to be essential actors in the struggle for human rights and enjoy the freedom and security to undertake their legitimate activities.
The mission of Front Line Defenders is to protect, defend, support, and act for and with Human Rights Defenders whose lives and health are at risk because of their peaceful and legitimate activities.
In providing protection and support to human rights defenders, Front Line Defenders and its staff are committed to:
- focus on the primacy and centrality of defenders
- demonstrate profound respect and empathy for defenders
- meet the needs expressed by the defenders in a fast, flexible and relentless manner
- achieve tangible impact
- act with independence, impartiality and integrity
- perform with dedication, professionalism and accountability
- show transparency and openness
- develop participative and cooperative relations